Note to self / no.6

Friday, August 17, 2012


I saw that quote on pinterest and it really stuck with me which got me to thinking about the way I (we) act daily not to my friends and family but to people I don’t know.

I consider myself to be a pretty happy person most of the time but the other day I wasn't in the best mood...I didn't really feel like talking to anyone about anything.  I went to the store to buy some things I needed and a lady bumped into me with her cart hitting my leg (ouch!), she apologized profusely.  I had two options.  One, get sassy.  Two, smile and say no problem. The quote popped into my head and so I took option #2.  I said no problem and smiled...genuinely!  As I walk away my mood suddenly slightly lifted.  No reason to make someone feel bad for nothing just because I'm feeling off.

Always be kinder than you feel

I'm not trying to say smile at a stranger and your bad day will disappear and suddenly you'll find yourself in a meadow of roses and all things good and beautiful......uhh. No. But, you will feel a bit better having been kind to someone instead of feeling guilty at your bad behavior later on.  

The world would be a better place if people always acted kinder than they felt.  Happiness is a state of mind and guess what? Being kind feels great.  Let's all practice it more often!

Enjoy! xo

Quote of the day:
"Your beliefs don't make you a better person your behavior does" - unknown
bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Elsewhere

Anna With Love Test © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger