Note to self // 26 Acts of Kindness

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Like the rest of the world, I've been consumed with the tragedy that struck last week in Newtown, Connecticut.  My heart goes out to all the victims...and all the survivors, as it's going to be a difficult road ahead of them.  I think about those little children, their families, their loved ones, my heart aches for them.  I think about the families every morning when I wake up, while I'm driving around running errands and as I lay in bed before I go to sleep.  I know I'm not the only one.

What disturbs me the most is the lack of humanity around us daily.  Don't you think it's odd that a simple act of kindness such as: smiling and saying good morning to someone you don't know, letting people go ahead of you in a line up, sending someone a kind card that simply says you appreciate them are all rare occurrences?  I know when it happens to me I'm caught so off guard.  It should be the other way around, it should be odd when people don't do these things.

By now, most of you have heard of 26 acts of kindness. I can't think of a better movement to show support and spread love around your community.  Weather you say you are doing it for #26acts or just quietly and anonymously giving away kindness, this is a beautiful movement to be a part of. And wouldn't it be a wonderful world to live in if everyone did this not only just 26 times but everyday for the rest of their lives? I'm hopeful. 

Let's all be in together


Lots of love, 
Anna



bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Nice considerations :)

    New post, check it out!
    Merry Christmas from Filh!
    justaflea.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete

My Elsewhere

Anna With Love Test © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger