Note to self / no.9

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Note to self: Create (and keep) vacation take-aways 


I used to feel the sting of reality after every vacation.  As I traveled more I started to develop my own habits that would help ease the transition back into reality.  I started keeping a notepad and pen with me as often as I could to take notes.  I forced myself to be specific and write down exactly what I was feeling, what I was inspired by, creative photoshoot ideas, new series for fine art etc. 


Here are mine:

Get outside & walk - I'll put it this way, while in Paris my fiancé Kosta lost 10 pounds from all the walking we did. Crazy right?? I was determined to show of all of Paris to ensure he loved it as much as I did (it worked!) By the last day we both felt energized and amazing.  Not saying I'll be running to sign up for that gym membership but going on a nice walk outside will always put you in a better mood, clear your head and re-energize you.

Make time for reading - It was so nice to have time to catch up on my reading.  Before bed, during the afternoon Siesta's in Greece, on the beach. I didn't realize how much I missed it.  I promised myself to make sure I scheduled at least 30 minutes before bed to read, weather it's for business purposes or guilty pleasures...hello Mortal Instruments :)

Relax - No need to explain this one.  Strolling the streets of Paris till midnight, enjoying wine from 12pm - 12am, soaking in the heat & sun in Greece, drinking frappe's and swimming in the salt water.  Yup. Definitely need to continue to create new ways to simple relax.

Unplug - I won't lie. At first I felt anxiety not being plugged in 24/7 but by the time we got to Greece & were on the islands it was the last thing that was on my mind.  I can't begin to explain how free it felt not even having a phone and not checking emails, instagram or fb every hour.  Pure bliss.  Every few weeks or one day a week I've been limiting the amount of social media time & no longer carry my phone with me (literally) everywhere I go.


Let's see how long I can keep this up! Tell me, how do you feel post-vacay? What do you do to help ease into reality?

Lots of love
Anna

Quote of the day:
“It's a good idea always to do something relaxing prior to making an important decision in your life.”  - Paulo Coelho


Are we connected? Join Me! click below

4 comments:

  1. Walking around Paris is such great exercise and I feel it helps to counteract all the delicious pastries the city has to offer! I need to try and be unplugged more, It's something I surprising don't miss whilst I'm on holiday!

    xoxo
    Stacey
    Five Minute Style 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tips and obvi that beach towel!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So agree with all of those tips!! And sometimes you have to take a step back to realise that you need to do things like taking a simple walk or just relaxing! Lovely!

    http://victoriametaxasphotography.blogspot.ae/2013/09/style-stripes-in-italia.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great tips for vacay and real life! I always make sure I have at least one day off before heading back to work, you know so I can laze around and stare at the laundry pile ;)

    ReplyDelete

My Elsewhere

Anna With Love Test © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger